Thank you for visiting my website and spending a little time getting to know me better. The most important thing you really need to know about me is that no matter what job I held, what position I earned, I have always had “service to the community” front and center, as I hope you will see below. And feel free to reach out to me if you’d like to get to know me better. I appreciate your support!
- Married to Tom Kapostasy for 38 years. Tom is an instructor at the University of Indianapolis and volunteers for a number of organizations. Both of us are originally from Cleveland, but we were corporately relocated several times before moving to Carmel over 32 years ago. We declined all subsequent offers to relocate…..we love Hamilton County and central Indiana!
- Two grown sons: David and Michael.
- Host parent to seven exchange students from around the world.
- Manager of Environmental Initiatives & Education, Carmel Utilities, 14 years. My primary role is public relations and community education for Carmel Utilities as well as managing the city’s residential trash and recycling program.
- Three years as Executive Director of the Hamilton County Leadership Academy. HCLA is a community leadership development program equipping graduates with the knowledge and skills needed to serve on the various boards and commissions in Hamilton County and Indiana. www.hcla.net
- Eighteen years of increasing responsibility in the Insurance industry. Mainly with Fortune 500 companies in management capacities.
- M.B.A., Anderson University. (Highest Honors), 2003
- B.A., Baldwin Wallace University, Political Science Major, Business Minor, 1983
Community Service and Involvement
- Hamilton County Solid Waste Management District Board since 2012, current President
- Hamilton County Tourism Commission 2003-2015. (President 2006-2008)
- Hamilton County Leadership Academy 1999 Graduate, Executive Director 2000-2003
- OneZone Commerce (Formerly Carmel and Fishers Chambers of Commerce) 2001-present
- OneZone Business Excellence Awards Committee 2012-2018, Chair 2016-2018
- Rotary Club of Carmel 2000-present (President 2009-2010)
- Carmel International Arts Festival, Board Member, 2018-present.
- Member, Carmel United Methodist Church
- Hamilton County Sheriff’s Citizen’s Academy 2019 Graduate
- Carmel Clay Schools Expedition Program, 2015 Graduate
- Carmel Citizen’s Police Academy, 2006 Graduate
- PTO Board of Directors, Carmel High School, (2004-2007)
- PTO President, Carmel Middle School 2000-2001
- Member of the CICF/Eli Lilly Community Scholars selection committee 2001-2004