Thank you for visiting my website and spending a little time getting to know me better. The most important thing you really need to know about me is that no matter what job I held, what position I earned, I have always had “service to the community” front and center, as I hope you will see below. And feel free to reach out to me if you’d like to get to know me better. I appreciate your support!
- Married to Tom Kapostasy for 37 years. Tom is an instructor at the University of Indianapolis and volunteers for a number of organizations. Both of us are originally from Cleveland, but we were corporately relocated several times before moving to Carmel almost 32 years ago. We declined all subsequent offers to relocate…..we love Hamilton County and central Indiana!
- Two grown sons: David an engineer in Minneapolis and Michael a medical school student in Nevada.
- Host parent to seven exchange students from around the world.
- Manager of Environmental Initiatives & Education, Carmel Utilities, 13 years. My primary role is public relations and community education for Carmel Utilities as well as managing the city’s residential trash and recycling program.
- Three years as Executive Director of the Hamilton County Leadership Academy. HCLA is a community leadership development program equipping graduates with the knowledge and skills needed to serve on the various boards and commissions in Hamilton County and Indiana. www.hcla.net
- Eighteen years of increasing responsibility in the Insurance industry. Mainly with Fortune 500 companies in management capacities.